Stress is an integral part of everyday life – especially in the work place. Stress is the number one enemy of health: it attacks not just the physical body, but also your emotional and mental well-being. To fight stress, several employees are spearheading the campaign towards fitness and well-being with the help of corporate wellness Sydney programs. The goal is to use exercise and other fitness activities to combat stress and promote improved health. When the body and mind are in a sound condition, you can expect to look and feel better too.
If you want to find corporate wellness in Sydney, you need to find a program that fits into your health and wellness goals. But when you want to specifically deal with stress, there are some points to consider on how to utilize programs designed for corporate wellness in Sydney:
• Aim for at least 2.5 hours of exercise per day. Exercising is an obvious start to getting on the wellness and health track. Make it your daily goal to get at least 2 hours of sweat session each day. You don’t need to lift weights – simple activities such as running, jogging, or swimming can be good for your health and fight against workplace stress.
• In the office, make full use of your lunch break to exercise. This is the most difficult thing to overcome for corporate workers – squeezing in time during the day’s work to stay active. And corporate programs have utilized the lunch break as the perfect opportunity to do so. A 30- to 60-minute exercise during lunch is proven to boost productivity at work by as much as 15 percent.
• Practice emotional regulation through meditative exercises. Your mind is a powerful tool when it comes to fighting stress. Therefore, the best programs on corporate wellness Sydney has today should incorporate mental exercises too. You can do mindful meditation and yoga for 15-30 minutes each day. You can even do this when you feel your stress level is going up. Simply step out of your work station and find somewhere quiet wherein you can meditate. You will notice that this will rejuvenate your spirit almost instantly and make you feel relaxed. After that, you can resume with work and feel even more productive.
• Foster social activity. Wellness programs devised by companies involve team building activities that enable employees to socialize with one another. Most team building activities are held in another venue outside of the work environment. This is crucial because the goal is to eliminate association with the work environment. The new environment promotes a sense of well-being for those involved. At the same time, the activities done during team building are designed to foster a sense of collaboration, creativity and fun. Social activity will not only encourage better relationship among employees but also significantly reduce stress.
• Corporate wellness Sydney programs and their application should not be restricted in the workplace. Consistency is the key factor in busting stress at work. You need to continue on your health and fitness lifestyle even after you step out of the workplace. Go out for a run, enjoy some sun and stay active!